The production plan of the company called GRUPO ANTOLIN TURNOV consists of manufacturing door, roof and interior systems for different automobile types from various producers. The production is organized in a project-based manner, depending on prearranged orders. Because of the limited production realization length, this puts a lot of pressure on the profitability of individual projects.
THE NEW DIRECTION WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS
Grupo Antolin Turnov contacted Logio because one of its key projects was getting more and more delayed, mainly because of a lack of capacity of the key employees. The Grupo Antolin management wanted to use the know-how of our experts in order to show its prominent customer, VW, that it can find its own high-quality way to efficient production and smooth logistics. GAT also wanted to take advantage of this cooperation and make it a pilot project for a more efficient realization of future orders
We were introduced to the project in March 2010, and after 10 months the project was finished on time in January 2011. We managed it, even though we took the project over when it was already delayed.
We started with a preliminary analysis. It contains customer demands, documentation on technological limits, the current layout and many other technical parameters.
We measured the time cycles of machines, the input material and references, the number of operators, manipulation technique, the way of distribution, current state of 5S, TMP, SMED, the way the norms for operators are created, and so on.
In the critical point definition phase, we described all places where, without our intervention, a problem would appear sooner or later. We can think about this phase as about the project risks analysis.
We defined the following possible sources of future problems: insufficient space for a buffer between the injection shop and the assembly shop, insufficient space for technologies in the serial process, unknown size of the packaging material, intersections on the main logistic route, the need to hire and train new staff. and the lack of a set process for delivering material to the assembly line.
In the phase of designing the new concept, we prepared a layout of the shop floor that prevented all the previously-mentioned issues regarding the layout. At the same time, it met all the demands defined during project preparation. For validation of our planned set-up we used the dynamic simulation tool which lets us see the running manufacture in a simulation before launching it for real. Apart from that we added other activities to the project plan, which substantially reduced other risks.
Our plan included an installation of an automatic rack stacker, relocation of the manufacturing technology into a more beneficial position based on the dynamic simulation, installation of a conveyor belt in order to reduce wasting, locating the live storage shelves directly in the workplace, and some other smart details which substantially increased the project profitability.
Sooner or later, even the best plan has to be implemented and put into practice. We helped GAT to execute this as well. We can honestly say that thanks to us, the operation launch went without a hitch and according to the time-schedule.
- Operation launch without a hitch
- Serial layout implementation
- Implementation of a logistic-manufacturing concept
- Optimization of the manufacturing flow – one piece flow production
- Introduction of three-shift operation for the serial process
- Development of internal packaging material
- Implementation of a semi-automatic rack stacker for creating a reserve between the injection shop and the assembling itself
- Implementation of industry engineering elements (KANBAN, 5S, TPM, FIFO, MOST…)
Used solutions and services
- Seamless transition to the series production
- Definition of best practices for next projects
Key moments and the solutions
- Time delay - Crisis management
- Insufficient planned size of production area - New analysis, warehouse automatization
- Unknown needed size of the production line crew - Application of the MOST methodology
Used solutions and services
- Logistics strategy and supply chain management
- Dynamic production simulation
- Warehousing, logistics and manipulation tools optimization
- Production optimization (MOST – predefined times, standards, TPM, 5S, SMED)
- Cooperation with Logio changed the life of people in Bonavita
- A sophisticated inventory management system differentiates us from our rivals – COOP ZKD Sušice
- Increase from 0 to 2,500 cars a month in half a year - VW Russia
- ”The ability to evaluate the real order profitability wasn’t always a matter of course.” - SMP
- Before this project, all routes for Office Depot were planned manually. It took a lot of time and effort.
- “Finally, we got our supplies and procurement under control.” – Agrozet
- ”We decreased the seasonal stock value by 1.5 million euro in one year.” - SIKO
- We waltzed through the crisis management and optimization of a delayed project - GAT
- Manufacturing tires reliably while using 65 fewer lift trucks – Barum Continental
- An important supplier of electronics uses Planning Wizard - EMOS
- Optimization of material and spare parts inventory– Unipetrol
- We improved supplying of fasteners to assembly lines - Ammann a.s.
- We can test changes in our operations in two minutes instead of two weeks - Continental Trutnov